Sunday, September 30, 2012

My Henna Journey

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Henna takes time. It's an intimate process between you, the henna, and your hair. It's like swaddling a baby and watching the array of emotions that drape its face as it sleeps. Because of the very nature of henna, you're required to get really personal with your hair. I'm currently allowing the henna to "set" in my hair. It's been in there for about 12 hours. I've watched the hair and paste beneath my plastic conditioning cap mature from a swampy green to a bright brownish-orange. Once I'd applied the henna I immediately noticed the weight of it on my tresses and how my curl started to loosen. For once, shrink wasn't an issue! The smell is really earthy but through my 12 hour journey, I've fallen in love with it. I, sometimes, work my fingers against the conditioning cap just to get a whiff of the smell...lol. I'm even beginning to fall in love with the creamy feel of it on my hair....this is a tad scary...Henna could EASILY become my new creamy crack! Oh, well, I'm off to rinse my hair and say my final goodbyes to my henna paste. I'll have pictures up soon, and if I can get it completely edited...possibly...maybe...a new YouTube video!

No comments:

Post a Comment