Thursday, October 18, 2012

Henna Day!

So, it's been a while since I last henna'd my hair and I'm due for another round. Since I usually co-wash and clarify once a month, I decided to wait until my "official wash day" to henna my hair. I start by clarifying my hair and scalp with my "mudwash" recipe (see Mix & Match) and allow the hair to air dry while I await dye release. ****I recommend hennaing hair on an off day, as it takes time.**** After allowing the henna to sit for about 10-12 hours, I DC and style.

This henna experience will be a bit different...I neglected to buy orange or lemon juice, so I'm using tea. I'm debating using either green or chamomile tea. I know I definitely don't want to use black tea, as it will make my hair darker. *Great option if you're doing a henna gloss and desire darker hair :)* I'll let you all know how it goes....

In the mean time, what do you use in your henna mix? What's your brew and how does it effect your color result?

NappturallyYours,

No comments:

Post a Comment