Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Mud Washing

Now, since I've began on this healthy hair journey, I've constantly been on the hunt for products that do no harm to my hair, body, or environment. As a result, I have been pooing my hair with an all natural soap (up until now, I hadn't found a fairly traded, organic poo) and while I was pleased with the results, I wanted more. Finally after scouring the internet, I stumbled upon testimonial after testimonial about Terressentials Mud Wash. Now I know what you're thinking, "Did she just say 'mud'"?. Yes, I said MUD! Turns out the "mud wash" isn't really mud at all, it's clay! Bentonite Clay has long been seen as an all natural cleanser (and one of the best around). I proceeded to promptly make my way over to the Terressential site, I read what type would suit my hair needs (as it is explained on the site), and proceeded to checkout. I came a screeching halt when I saw the final price: $19.50 for one 8oz bottle...I don't think so! Beauty of the Terressentials site is, they list the ingredients to their products on the site. That was my AHA moment! I have the recipe, I can just make my own! Bentonite clay (you can use sodium or calcium) is literally DIRT cheap and every Nappturalista in the know has a bottle of AVJ, ACV, her favorite EO's, and oils at home. So instead of paying $20.00 for an 8oz product, just make your own (as much as you'd like) at a fraction of the cost! Just head on over the Mix & Match page for the recipe and a few others that may come in handy for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment